Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wednesday, A Day Of Changes

Everything is routine now.  People know what to expect in terms of delays, and my volunteers can anticipate the questions they get and are ready with helpful answers.

Communications with the Host Committee, the group sponsoring the volunteers is getting better.  Though a few days late, I am getting the information on my volunteers that is helpful. 

The weather remains an iffy distraction with intermitten rain, mostly a light thin type of rain falling for 15 minutes.  It reminds me a lot of the type of rain that falls in Florida. 

The Colorado Delegation has been kind enough to provide us with tickets to get into BankofAmerica Stadium for the Presidents acceptance speech.  Originally I did not think that I would get in, but now I am looking forward to being part of it.  In a strange way it reminds me of my brother Ron.  Back in 1963, he and some of his friends went to Washington DC for the funeral of John F. Kennedy.  I have always remembered that he was there.

Well, that now is changed.  The changing weather has made the outdoor speech too chancy, and a decision had to be made for logistical reasongs to move the speech into Time Warner Cable Arena, effectively reducing the number of people involved from 80,000 to 20,000.

The final note is the speeches given by the Bus Nun, and Bill Clinton has the whole city abuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment