Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Word From The New Reid's

It's funny, I still carry around my Reid's Rewards Card on my key chain even after 9 months!  It is still sad that the Seventh Street Station location closed.  I had lunch recently with Chuck and Pam Richards, and while Chuck is out of the day to day operation, Pam remains fully engaged in the Gift Business. 

I asked Pam to write a few words for me as Reid's prepares to reopen on Selwyn Avenue by the end of April.

Its always tough when you hand a huge chunk of your life over to someone else. It was with great trepidation that Chuck and I sold Reid’s and turned the wheel over to new ownership.  This change is proving to be one of the most positive and fulfilling moves that we have ever made. 

Reid’s does indeed now have a dynamic new leader, Tom Coker  Chuck and I both feel that Tom has the best interest of the store in mind and the means to make it work as it used to at the old Myers Park location.  The new Selwyn and Colony store is going to be a great palette for the expression of all the special things that Reid’s has stood for throughout the years. 

I am very proud to be a member of the team that will be a part of the new Reid’s at opening in late April.  Tom has hired many of the key staff from the 7th Street Store to make sure the same feel and level of service will continue.  We hope that each of you will find you way to the new store, visit Bucky in the meat market, have a glass of wine at the wine bar and maybe a sandwich or salad at lunch time. 

The best is yet to come.

Pam Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment