Sunday, May 23, 2010

What About Home Improvements?

In my May Newsletter, The Marsoun Report, I wrote that buyers are increasingly looking for more updated living space. Traditional space is becoming less attractive in comparison to Contemporary space. Plantation Shutters are less attractive as compared to Blinds that can be raised or lowered. Stainless Steel appliances are almost a requirement. More upscale brands, Bosch, Thermador, SubZero, Viking are becoming the norm.

Many people who read my Newsletter have commented to me about that situation.

The truth is that many of us (excluding me) will purchase a car every 3 or 4 years, spending upwards of $25,000 on an asset that immediately begins to depreciate, while we maintain the same home for almost twice that time. Upgrading your property will usually will appreciate the value of the property. Additionally, you will have the benefit of those upgrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment